Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

An illegal alien may submit self-petition to USCIS under VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) by filing a Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant petition without the knowledge, agreement, permission, or consent of your abusive family member. If your self-petition is approved and you have met other pertinent eligibility requirements, you may be eligible to apply to become a lawful permanent resident. After becoming a permanent resident and maintaining continuous residency for three (3) years, you may further be eligible to apply for Naturalization and become a U.S Citizen assuming you meet further naturalization eligibility requirements.

Successful self-petitioning aliens under the federal Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), must show that they are the victim of battery or extreme cruelty committed by:

  • A U.S. citizen spouse or former spouse.
  • A U.S. citizen parent.
  • A U.S. citizen son or daughter.
  • A lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse or former spouse; or
  • An LPR parent.

VAWA self-petitioner– victim of battery or extreme cruelty:

  • Abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  • Abused child (unmarried and under 21 years old) of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  • Abused parent of a U.S. citizen

Why Choose Us!

Our managing attorney, Ms. Stella Andrews is also experienced in Immigration Law. As an immigrant, she understands your need to legally reside in the U.S, and make your American dream come true.

    Get A Free Consultation


    Powered by WhatsApp Chat

    × How can I help you?